Tuesday, August 01, 2006

st -st -st

Frankstudio
Spent sunday at Snorkel Studios where the very nice Frank recorded me playing wonky trombone for three album cuts. That's the damn thing finished now - except for the final final no-more-changing-your-mind tracklist, of course...
delia
Anyways, when I wasn't playing the trombone, I was busy marvelling at all the vintage gear kicking about - moog rogue, arpaxxe, a wonderful tape echo that looked super high tech from outside, only to reveal inside a crazy world of tape fractalling around in random little mini-loops...
So, in tribute to all that, I'm going to post a couple of tracks by a great hero of mine, Delia Derbyshire. Go to the site and read about her life - I won't do a bad summary of it. I'm sure most of you know all about it already. In my mind, there's some kind of engineer/musician genius heaven, where Delia, Raymond Scott and King Tubby hang out, soldering irons never going cold...
  • Delia Derbyshire - Blue Veils and Golden Sands

  • Delia's theme
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com